1. The abuse and killing of children as if it were a sport. Stop it!
2. An epidemic we have gotten use to: black folks killing other black folks--who raised you? Stop it!
3. Celebrities who have problems and issues very much like anybody else but they are worshipped--these are the days of our lives. Stop it!
4. Pimps in the pulpit, in politics and in business. Stop it!
5. People that have never been marginalized based on race, creed, color, sex, religion, status, disability, etc., but constantly whine and complain aka "The Hypocritical Pundits." Stop it!
6. What is the latest pharmaceutical drug that will make all my problems go away? Stop it!
7. The mistreatment of animals because they are thought of as the lesser kind. Stop it!
The book of Proverbs talks about seven things the Lord hates. All seven of the things we think are newsworthy are covered in these seven:
1. A proud look or disposition
2. A lying tongue
3. Hands that shed innocent blood
4. A heart that devises wicked plans
5. Feet that are swift in running to evil
6. A false witness who speaks lies
7. One who sows discord among the people they know
Just because it's newsworthy doesn't make it edifying. This is Tuesday talk, there is nothing more to say.
©2012/2013 Theda Okona All Rights Reserved