1. My hope is on the first day of Christmas my true love will open my heart and I will know what it means to love and be loved in return.
2. On the 2nd day, may my Beloved open my eyes so I can see hearts of gold in a world so cold.
3. On the 3rd day, I'm looking for generosity of spirit because you don't have to be rich to be generous, even a pauper can give like a prince when the heart is right.
4. On the 4th day, let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
5. On the 5th day, when things seem so hopeless, I pray for a ray of light to provide illumination.
6. On the 6th day, may I throw myself into the joy of Christmas not because I spent the most money but because the festive, the frazzle, the food, the friends and the family created a beautiful thing.
7. On the 7th day, may I know that the music never ends if the concert is in my
8. On the 8th day, may I experience a tradition that is priceless and its memory precious even when the season is over.
9. On the 9th day, may I find God present no matter where I find myself.
10. On the 10th day, may I not be fooled by appearances; gifts that last a lifetime can't be bought in a store.
11. On the 11th day, let the holiday candles remind me to keep shining; for darkness can't exist where the light is.
12. On the 12th day of Christmas, I hope I don't miss its goodness because I focused on all the wrong things.
This is Tuesday talk and this is what I really want.
©2013 Theda Okona All Rights Reserved