1. We make time for the people who are important to us but we can't give them all of our time. Real friends understand this.
2. A circle of friends is a powerful connection of people who love, respect and appreciate one another. There is something comfortable, open and endearing about having people like this in your life.
3. Don't be jealous and don't fool yourself. Your confidant has a confidant and that's a great thing if it doesn't include messy discussions about you.
4. You can't have five hundred best friends--get over it! However, you can have circles of great friendships. Some of the people who are near and dear to your heart will be in the outer court, some will be in the inner court, and some will be in the holy of holies but they will all be important to you just in different ways.
5. You get to decide how expansive and rich your circle of friends will be. Some don't want and can't handle lots of people in and out of their lives. One of my friends only has five people in her trusted circle but that circle is rich and supportive enough for her. She doesn't like me mainstreaming my circle into hers. Know what you can handle.
May the ties that bind never be broken and if they are...may you have the wisdom to know what to do to repair it. This is Tuesday talk. Blessings!
©Theda Okona All Rights Reserved 2015