1. Direct our minds and hearts toward something glorious.
2. Have us sit in a place of study and use what we have learned to bless the masses.
3. Amused and bemused us--we should not treat it like the oridinary.
4. Swirl us as we walk on water and have us enjoy it.
5. Show us what is borrowed from the mysterious.
6. Shut our eyes so we can hear something born anew.
7. Inspire us in speech, in thought, in music, in story, and in all there is;
when something divine comes--use it.
8. Dim the ego and help us use the tools that have already been given.
9. Know that we are cognizant of I am is who I am.
Love Joe Bunting's "Misguided Ways We Treat Our Muses." Would we treat our
family and friends like this. Produce on demand...We demand a novel from her in thirty days during NaNoWriMo.
No time to sit...We refuse to sit down and start typing unless
she shows up on time.
No patience for this...We demand that she produces perfect first
drafts for us.
On my own...We don’t give her credit when we create something
Check twitter...We check email, go on Facebook, and do “research”
during the time we’ve committed to spending with her.
I am distracted...We ignore her all day.
Not important...We don’t write down the excellent phrases or
ideas she whispers in our ears.
You don't care about me...We get mad at her for not helping
I have so many things to do...We don’t lead her toward the
projects that need to get finished.
Unleash the creative and may the force be with you. This is Tuesday talk.
© 2013 Theda Okona All Rights Reserved