I love life to be in a perfect edenic state. When I think of the garden of
Eden, a delightful place comes to mind; a paradise of sort--a state of bliss.
If it is edenic then there is unspoiled love, peace, and joy. I have to admit I
have spent the last few weeks not being in that place...asking myself, where did
it go? Honestly, being positive is my thing--it is the way God has wired me. I
am a "glass is full" kind of girl and usually take things as they come. My
motto: DEAL WITH IT--MOVE ON. However, the last few weeks have felt like
someone took my glass and emptied the contents--leaving me thirsty, dry and
empty. Right now I am in a good place and I have learned a few things. There
are some places where The Garden of Eden won't be found and no matter how
extensively one searches it will be to no avail.
1. The Garden of Eden will not be found in another human being--known in
theory, harder to put into practice.
2. The Garden of Eden disappears in highly stressful situations--does not
matter if it comes from within or without.
3. The Garden of Eden thrives on the truth told to ourselves and others.
4. The Garden of Eden is drained of resources when you spend time with people
who drain your energy rather than enhance it.
5. In The Garden of Eden...contentment is better than being right,
especially if right is ego driven.
6. Don't bring anything that you absolutely don't love to The Garden of
Eden--that thing will destroy Eden's beauty.
7. Encourage--don't enable...let others create their own Garden of Eden,
even if it involves hard work--they will benefit from it.
Enough said--this is Tuesday Talk, turning up the volume so I can hear.
©2011 Theda Okona All Rights Reserved