It is March 1, 2011 and today silence is a golden thing. I really
have nothing to say--I want to listen to the silence of the day. We are
conditioned by the internet, phones, radio, and televsion--every minute must be
filled with talking or some kind of sound. Even when we are not talking we are
texting on those things we call smart phone. We are stimulated by the
philosophy of keeping busy all the time. Honestly, there seems to be a
shallowness in this constant state of being. This Tuesday Talk is a note to
myself. I love the eloquent silence and today I want to embrace the gift of it
with all my being. Note to self: stop sleeping in continuous noise--awake to
the beauty of the eloquent silence.
1. If a word spoken in its time is worth one piece of money, SILENCE in its
time is worth two.
2. How rare to find a soul still enough to hear God speak. (Listening so I
can hear Your voice today and not my own)
3. The ability to speak several languages an asset--the ability to hold your
tongue in one...priceless.
4. In a SILENT sanctuary an eternal perspective is perserved.
5. They said to the fruit-bearing trees: "Why do you not make any noise?"
The trees replied: "Our fruits are sufficient advertisement for us."
6. The hills are mute--yet they speak of God.
7. SILENCE is more musical than a song. (Yes, today it is!)
8. There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will
find that deep place of SILENCE right in your home, your garden or even your
9. Well-timed SILENCE hath more eloquence than speech.
10.It is a great thing to know the season for speech and the season for
This is Tuesday talk, but I am not talking--this is a day of
©2011 Theda Okona ALL RIGHTS RESERVED